Friday, October 8, 2010

40 is the new 30...A Portrait for a friend....

I was very lucky this month as my good friend Hugo is turning 40 on Saturday and I took this as a great opportunity to create a special portrait for him. I spent a bit of time researching books for suitable looks and influences. Hugo has very smokey good looks and a gentle and trusting nature but I think he hides some of his feelings too well. Luckily for me the camera has a way of probing and searching for the more vulnerable sides of people. Hugo was a perfect subject - especially after I gave him a couple of beers to relax. He reminds me a little of Pacino, some De Niro and a little of a 60's Rock Star. Some of the above were photographed by the great 'Herb Ritts' ( herbritts.com ) who's clean lines and obsession with form made him a legend, I wanted to create something with these influences in mind. I hope you enjoy the Portraits, we will enjoy a good dinner with friends and some well deserved wine.
( I would also like to thank Steve Baccon and Stelios Papadakis for their constant support )



No comments:

Post a Comment